FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveling from AR - drive to nonstop from DFW or one stop thru ATL?
Old May 21, 2022, 8:49 am
GoBob

Programs: DL, B6
Traveling from AR - drive to nonstop from DFW or one stop thru ATL?

Hi folks, long time lurker, occasional poster, getting back into travel with a new solo business (which means all travel is out of pocket).

I'm having a bit of a conundrum as I'll be at a conference in Hot Springs AR at the end of July, and my nearby choices for flying home are limited to one-stops thru ATL out of LIT (~1 hr drive from conference). I am aware that Southern Airways Express flies Cessnas to DFW and MEM but the times don't line up for me (and there are no late Friday afternoon nonstops from MEM to BOS).

My biases are for nonstops whenever possible and avoiding ATL, so I'm considering a 4-1/2 hr drive to DFW to take a nonstop home (I'll have a rental car, as I'm flying in elsewhere earlier in the week for another conference nearby). It's also about $150 cheaper than the one-stop from LIT via ATL. Downside: it's the last flight out of DFW on DL and I am wary of the late afternoon t-storms and delays /cancellations. It's also a 220, which is nice, but also barely booked so I'm doubly wary of a cancellation. I suppose I can also defect to AA for N/S to BOS out of DFW (also significant savings out of LIT via CLT) but I am trying to build back up with DL.

What would you do? Thanks! (And good luck to everyone this summer - I am 2-for-5 with on-time departures over the last two weeks, including an overnight cancellation, hence my caution).