FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Several bad experiences with Marriott. Need help/advice
Old May 21, 2022, 4:49 am
charlesonmission

Everyone's situation is different. We like Marriott Vacation Club (which has been a separate company for a while) a lot. Just all around great experiences with MVC.

We have a lot of points left from the SPG merger that transferred in.

Our in person experiences where we stay are consistently good. We choose where we stay based on recent reviews.

Depending on where we are going, Marriott may be the only good option if you want stay at a chain.

Marriott HQ has some issues with IT. They also just are not customer centric, so you end up with threads like this. But, we can't just throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Originally Posted by SHLTP
Serious question: why do any of you stay at Marriott by choice now? Their system is broken and their morality compass is broken too - they just don't care about us.

I'm seriously perplexed why anyone would stay at Marriott to requalify for its loyalty program or to get any benefits.

I just don't get it.

I have had zero paid stays since March 2020. Lifetime Titanium here. I've been spending at Hyatt and going independent - Niccolo and the such