FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flagship First Paid Upgrades (through app, kiosk, counter, etc.)
Old May 20, 2022, 6:18 pm
ryanbriar

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Please see answers in bold.

Originally Posted by kyushuman

1) Food and drink is identical in F and J. Yes? They’re different. F has a soup course and potentially more personalized service. Choices are also a tad different for food and drink.
2) Seating on F is single seats vs. pairs on J Correct
3) F boarding pass would all me into the Flagship First Dining, while J would not. It does look like fun, and I'll have lots of time at JFK. Correct. Given your long layover and the need for TPs, this may make the instant upgrade worth it.
4) I'm OW Sapphire and would get FF lounge access anyway (or maybe I would on J transcon anyway too?) Correct.
5) I'm a BA Silver (Sapphire)-- I have read that British Airways TPs are occasionally awarded 210 TPs for the upgraded F class (even though accrual should likely be the original fare class of R so 140 TPs) . Anyone with recent experience on this? No direct experience for TPs, but in my experience, the instant upgrades re-ticket into full F. In the old EQM days, this would result in 3X EQMs. Applying this to TPs, the calculations would be based off F not R.
6) Is this $350 price normal/good/bad? Does the offer change/disappear much? Any other recent prices for this upgrade? That’s a solid price / going rate. They can disappear instantaneously and glitch out on the app or website.

THANK YOU for any recent info!