FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best executive lounge by continent?
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2022, 5:57 am
arlflyer

Originally Posted by Rock DeAugustine
You obviously I've never stayed in a world class Club Lounge with free flowing vintage french champagne, Hennessy XO and 20-year-old tawny port free for the taking all day... Not to mention exquisite coffee and the best eggs benedict ever in the morning, as well as jamon iberico...
Welcome to flyertalk. You might want to check your ego at the door - you'll find that you're just another face in the crowd here. Most people around here, myself included, have done some pretty cool stuff.

Yes, I've experienced what you note. Have been to some of the best hotel lounges, airline lounges, and dedicated terminals in the world. And you know what? I kind of got over the idea of that being an end in itself. Sure, if I'm passing through and have a chance to avail myself of better amenities, then of course I'll choose the place that offers them. But the idea of flying to a city just to spend precious time sitting in a chain hotel lounge, no matter how luxe, is something I'm done with.

I can buy all the stuff you list, by the way, at places within a 10-minute drive of my house, at retail prices - the "free" stuff in the lounge isn't the free - it's baked into the price of admission. When I travel, it's about making the memories that I can only get from the location I've traveled to.