Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Best executive lounge by continent?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors

Which property in each continent has the best executive lounge, not including 'special' lounges such as the Imperial club at Waldorf Rome Cavalieri?

In terms of food and drinks offerings, service, design etc

Last edited by mjbdiamond; Nov 22, 2018 at 3:18 am
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:17 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
why ?
ashkale and dollar like this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tangey
why ?
Curious to see, I also prefer to book properties that offer the best lounge spread
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by mjbdiamond
Curious to see, I also prefer to book properties that offer the best lounge spread
Seems like a pretty inane subject matter, but I guess it takes all sorts
Old Nov 22, 2018, 5:52 am

These lounge discussions are getting ridiculous, and I am saying this with the full admission that I have been part of five years worth of ridiculous lounge threads. But this is next-level stuff.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arlflyer
These lounge discussions are getting ridiculous, and I am saying this with the full admission that I have been part of five years worth of ridiculous lounge threads. But this is next-level stuff.
Please show me a thread where its all condensed as I can't find one, thanks
Old Nov 22, 2018, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by mjbdiamond
Please show me a thread where its all condensed as I can't find one, thanks
Why on earth would there be one? The premise that a lounge would be sufficient reason to guide a stay towards one continent over another is beyond laughable.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
I actually think this is an interesting idea.

I travel just enough to get diamond on stays, and most of my travel is for pleasure. Part of the fun is enjoying the executive lounge when it’s good. The discussion about the various properties in Japan helped me immensely during my trip last June.

If if you are not interested in this topic why not leave the OP alone.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
I am waiting to see what people suggest for North America. Lots of great choices there.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 6:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by steve4031
I travel just enough to get diamond on stays, and most of my travel is for pleasure. Part of the fun is enjoying the executive lounge when it’s good. The discussion about the various properties in Japan helped me immensely during my trip last June.

If if you are not interested in this topic why not leave the OP alone.
i too think it's interesting. but oh no. if it doesn't suit you, then destroy it. why not just move past the thread if it doesn't interest you? are you obliged to denigrate it? this place is becoming more fascist by the day.
LassiJ and TheWiseOne like this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 8:32 pm

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
I too wait with baited breath to hear the winner for North America.

Also, for a forum that prides itself on detail beyond pointillism, extreme attention to detail, and pedantry (special mentions to the BA and Luxury Hotel forum), this -the best EL by continent - is where we draw the line for unreasonable?
est-gratuite and Dr Jabadski like this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Why on earth would there be one? The premise that a lounge would be sufficient reason to guide a stay towards one continent over another is beyond laughable.
I think you've misunderstood.

It offers a better guide to the best lounge in each continent, which would be enough for me to choose to visit that property if I went to that continent.

For example, if the best European lounge was in Germany, then I would happily visit Germany as part of my travels.

Also, not sure what is so shocking about this - some people visit certain properties based on the granola selection at breakfast, I choose mine based on lounge quality. But hey, if it offended you that much then all I can do is offer my apologies
SPN Lifer, Amelorn, wizla and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:06 am

EDITED: Sorry, nope, can't do it...if the best Hilton hotel Executive Lounge in Europe is in Germany, you're going to go to that country for that feature? You will trade the Austrian Alps, Italian food, Spanish wine for that? And you will be going to Germany not for beer and wurst, not for history, not for a drive on the Autobahn, but for that? And if the lounge is in Frankfurt, you're going to take that over Munich, over Berlin? I am just speaking to the sheer madness here, sorry if I am in the minority.

Last edited by arlflyer; Nov 23, 2018 at 5:53 am
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I don't think the negativity is required. But there is a massive problem with "best lounge"... nobody has enough breadth or recent experience to be a reasonable judge.

I might say that the Hilton Budapest Castle has the best lounge in Europe. But take away Tibor or add new management and it might now be rubbish. I also couldn't tell you if it is better or worse today than the Hilton Prague - of which I have no personal experience.

So these threads just end up with somebody proposing a decent hotel lounge, and maybe a few others have their memories jogged and decide to tag along. Not nearly as relevant as focusing on a single country or city and searching the relevant threads / Tripadvisor for the latest information.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
I don't think the negativity is required. But there is a massive problem with "best lounge"... nobody has enough breadth or recent experience to be a reasonable judge.

I might say that the Hilton Budapest Castle has the best lounge in Europe. But take away Tibor or add new management and it might now be rubbish. I also couldn't tell you if it is better or worse today than the Hilton Prague - of which I have no personal experience.

So these threads just end up with somebody proposing a decent hotel lounge, and maybe a few others have their memories jogged and decide to tag along. Not nearly as relevant as focusing on a single country or city and searching the relevant threads / Tripadvisor for the latest information.
Fair enough, and a much more helpful response, thank you
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.