FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Guide: PHL / Philadelphia International Airport - MCT, Connection, MCT, etc.
Old May 5, 2022, 11:52 am
moops380

Originally Posted by ryanbriar
“Exciting news” — I was successfully able to enter BA Galleries this evening using my Royal Air Maroc gold status! I more so wanted to check it out / find a quiet place to work versus the drinks (decent on the F side) and food (limited offerings).

I received a significant amount of pushback (this is an international-only lounge, BA isn’t compensated for domestic travel, OW rules don’t allow for it), yet I very politely said that I have status with RAM, not AA, and that perhaps the website is wrong? My guess is that 99% of people / those who don’t reside on FT walk away.

The agent suggested that she’d let her manager know the website was wrong and pulled out this binder to prove this point. After flipping through it, I think she realized that I may have in fact been right (the RAM card looks like the Air Berlin gold card in their book ).

My boarding pass was then scanned, and I was told my EXP status didn’t work. I said yep here’s my digital card, please key it in and RAM is coded “AT”. After being told that Royal Air Maroc was not on their OW computer screen (because of the “AT” coding), the number went through and I was granted entry with a comment that this was an exception.

The lounge itself is lacking power outlets, however it is relatively quiet, especially compared to the current situation in the B / C club.
What was your routing? What are the cons of putting in your ram number first so it was loaded in the ticket already? I have AY++ status from the finnair sale, and would rather credit any flights that earn miles to AA instead of AY, but be able to access the lounge. I'm guessing you left your exp status in there for a upgrade/potential upgrade.