FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Bag Interlining If Separate Tix with *A Partners (YES) & Non *A Partners (NO)
Old May 5, 2022, 10:44 am
vsadda

Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
I need some advice. I am flying with a colleage SFO-SIN on United in August. We land at 6:15AM. We want to catch the 9:30AM SQ flight to BKK. We will both have checked bags. I bought the UA tickets, then I am purchasing the one-way SQ ticket separate.

1K help desk seemed to think we can check bags somehow all the way to BKK if I let the US SFO agent know. Is that correct? They will coordinate the bags with SQ since they are same Alliance even though completely seperate bookings?

Thanks
After talking to 3 different SQ call center folks, I am beginning to think that it ultimately depends on how knowledgeable and helpful that the SQ agent at the check in desk is. The right agent should have no issues to check your bags directly to BKK. The good news is SQ staff are generally good. Having said that, unlike me (I have only 1h 55m) you have over 3 hours time. If your SFO-SIN flight is not very late (by more than an hour), you should have enough time to clear immigration and customs, collect your bags and check in for your SIN-BKK flight.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 6, 2022 at 1:08 pm Reason: Quote updated for splitting post