FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Merriweather Lakehouse, Autograph Collection, Columbia, MD [Master Thread]
Old May 2, 2022, 3:18 pm
DELee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Ankster
Can this thread be renamed to the Merriweather Lakehouse as that is the name of the new property?
Sure. And based on the below, continuing the original thread with the behavior shown below, provides more context even though the hotel appears to have been remodeled but the hotel management clearly hasn't changed.

As a second note, this property might be engaging in sketchy behavior when it comes to upgrades to suites. I contacted the front desk about a potential upgrade to suite for a stay later this week given there was plenty of availability. The hotel indicated that the property has suites but none are eligible for upgrades despite availability as per their management policy. I reached out Marriott customer service who called the front desk and clarified that they will upgrade based on availability at check in. However, when I called the front desk again, the staff indicated that they do not do upgrades to suites at their property without explicit approval from management ahead of time (i.e., no one would ever be upgraded even upon availability during check in). I was then transferred to the manager who backtracked and said there are only a limited number of suites available and they typically always book up so that's why they do not do complimentary upgrades but they follow Marriott rules. Right after the call, I looked online and all of the suites were no longer showing up as available. This is a 1 night stay in the middle of the week so there doesn't seem to be any events going on. To the property's credit, I was upgraded to a better view room but it seems like this hotel's management has explicitly instructed the front desk staff not to upgrade to suites.
David