FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards
Old Apr 27, 2022, 10:14 am
billinghamn

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Is there any recourse for receiving the first statement fee on, or even before we received the card itself?
Originally Posted by _nate
Yes, moan via the chat function in the app and they should refund it.

Note that despite what it says, it won't notify you of a reply. But it is far easier to check now and again than it is to phone them.
Originally Posted by abraxias
Yes I've paid them £20 for the privilege of having a £200 credit limit. I do actually have a physical card though, I'll be sure to use it for when I'm buying a Twix.
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Thanks - I got my girlfriend to take your advice and chat have offered her a £20 rebate.
Originally Posted by NicholasMAN
I'd do that too, but I am unable to activate the Barclaycard app on my phone. Originally it wouldn't even install from Google Play Store (advised my phone was "incompatible" even though it runs Android 8.0) and now I have installed it but it refuses to open - just keeps giving error messages.

On my phone, I'm having to rely on the Barclays Bank app rather than the Barclaycard app, and as such all Avios activity is currently invisible because its not visible on the website, or on the Barclaycard area of the Barclays Bank app, only on the Barclaycard app ..... which won't activate.

Like I said earlier: Complete shambles.
Originally Posted by ceej123
Ive asked three times and they have flat out refused three times with a bunch of ridiculous excuses.
Originally Posted by Phlyer2
They gave me back £10 for no card for half a month - I can live with that.
If you want to submit a formal complaint and get additional compensation, just follow my post: Post 255.