FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2022]
Old Apr 26, 2022, 10:32 am
n8-the-gr8

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott LT Platinum
I'd be curious to know United's approach and rationale for GS teams at various airports.

I haven't seen or engaged with a live GS agent at the airport since February 2020 but on a recent flight from PHL, there was an agent greeting GS by name as we boarded with our upgraded tickets (both cleared apparently). Wasn't particularly necessary but was surprised to see Philly still have any GS agent presence given that it's not a major airport for United.

To this day my best GS experience was also at Philly in 2019 when I had a delay and an agent from the airport called me directly, had protected me in First class on all departing flights, and was at the gate to greet me as the first flight option boarded. Obviously that's in part driven by local management and training/experience but still seems so bizarre at a station like PHL compared to the lack of proactive service at so many hubs.