FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade waitlist question
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2022, 3:19 pm
travelhive

Programs: DL PM, UA Plat, Lifetime Skyclub
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Looks like you got what you paid for. Don't get too excited about upgrade chances and be pleasantly surprised if it comes through. A T fare is almost the bottom fare bucket, which is one of the criteria for upgrade priority.

Could the waitlist be for PremiumPlus and not Polaris? Just asking - I don't know.
The upgrade request was definitely for Polaris, not PremiumPlus. I will definitely be pleasantly surprised if this comes through. The only upgrade offers I've ever gotten from Delta for international flights have cost only slightly less than the difference between the fare classes, and never an offer for an upgrade to Delta One, the Polaris equivalent.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Sorry for the "copay" type
meaning a miles plus cash

Do you have UA miles? If so did they decrease?

Was the cash amount $550 each? The is the standard copay for T fare upgrade from europe --- plus 20,000 miles -withdrawal can be slow

miles+copay upgrade will be refunded if the Polaris segment does not clear and the domestic segment remain in F

PremPlus from economy is miles only no copay

That confirms a Mileage plus Copay upgrade --- sometimes called MUA
WineCountryUA you seem to have nailed it since that was the cash amount, but there were no miles deducted from my account. It's been 2 weeks and nothing was taken out - but as you say, the process may be slow, so I'll have to watch.

Thanks for the insight. I learned more on Flyertalk than I did from the United telephone agents.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 24, 2022 at 3:46 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member