FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HELP DESK: AA In-Flight WiFi (Gogo, ViaSat, Panasonic)
Old Apr 15, 2022, 4:04 am
Hmm88879797
Suspended

Unhappy

Well, it seems because of COVID, senior management at Boingo didn't inform Boingo Customer Service (agents) that their partnership ended a few years ago with the carriers. The Boingo app has very few countries now (assuming it's even current). There is no mention whatsoever of Boingo Wifi inflight on Boingo's website.

This is the official email excerpt I got today, I thought I would share.

Thanks for contacting Boingo. We're here to help. With Boingo, eligible cardholders can enjoy complimentary global Wi-Fi access at:

- Over 1.5 million hotspots worldwide
- Thousands of hotels, retail locations, cafés and restaurants
- Hundreds of airports and over 900 aircrafts around the world!*

Cardholders need to check with their airlines and individual flights to determine availability. Airlines include:
Aer Lingus, Aero Mexico, Air Berline, Air Europa, Air France, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, American Airlines, ANA, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, China Airlines, Etihad Airways, Eurowings, EVA Air, Finnair, Garuda Indonesia, Iberia, Kenya Airways, KLM, Lufthansa, Maindo Air, Qatar Airways, Scoot, Singapore Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, WestJet

Boingo service is available on many airlines around the world. Service is usually available on long haul International flights offered by JAL, American Airlines, Lufthansa and many more. There is no guarantee that each aircraft or route flown will have Wi-Fi service, so you will need to manually check for Boingo service via roaming login to confirm service.

If there's anything more we can do to help, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Saphire,
The Boingo Customer Care Team
Boingo Customer Care Available 24/7: Just go to support.boingo.com
It's interesting how the email is copy and pasted. In the third paragraph most of those airlines are long haul international flights but are excluded from the subsequent paragraph.