FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - removing service agents from clubs? New direction: combo in-person / virtual agents
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:57 pm
uanj

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by NikoLGA
This has spread into the concourses too. In IAD, Concourse A customer service center is no more. The real estate is unchanged, but it's become a billboard for Agent on Demand. Funny thing is, all of the outstations that have customer service centers (think airports that are not hubs but big enough to have United Clubs) still have fully staffed service centers, probably because they are coveted positions, given they have comfy seats for the agents perusal.

Ugly signage, especially the smaller ones which will be readable only at a distance of about two and a half feet in front. If worked in Brand Marketing for United I would refuse to allow the company logo to appead on such unattractive signage.

Originally Posted by SS255
Who else cowers in fear every time this thread gets bumped to the top?
I am starting to! I usually have pleasant, productive conversations with an agent standing in front of me when I rebook.

But in the last week I had two calls with the GS line to rebook, both calls taking the better part of an hour. The first one I gave up on after 55 minutes, the agent THREE TIMES had to call a supervisor to help him out.I bailed when he said he needed to put me on hold a fourth time. The second agent needed to call the rate desk for some reason which took 20 minutes. Very disappointing. I would pay an annual subscription if I could get my calles routed to an ex- Dearborn or Honolulu agent.