FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread
Old Apr 12, 2022, 12:52 am
escape4

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by escape4
Has anybody noticed better upgrades as LTD than as Diamond?
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
None. Actually, I'm not sure I've been upgraded-by-status once since hitting LTD
Unless I hear contradicting reports, I will continue to de-prioritize Hilton in favor of other chains for the moment. Diamond status is already less valuable in terms of upgrades than Hyatt or Marriott at the top, if LTD is not any better than regular Diamond then there is no point making efforts to reach LTD sooner rather than later.

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Anybody in the US who wants to be "lifetime Diamond" already has the credit card. There really is no point being loyal for 10+ years and 1,000 nights to be in roughly the same situation as somebody spending $450 a year on a credit card (and getting more value than that in credits, free nights. etc...)
I was hopeful starting in November 2021 that the new upgrade system would give more value to LTD over the overly numerous Diamonds. I does not look like it's off to a good start however.