FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Garden Inn Ottawa Downtown
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2022, 1:39 pm
BlondeBomber
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Hilton Garden Inn Ottawa Downtown

Use this as a companion to the other Flyertalk thread: Homewood Suites Ottawa Downtown

Basically it seems that the rooms are the same as Homewood Suites in furnishings just that there is no Kitchen space. There is a small bar fridge but bathroom fixtures and bedroom/desk seem the same.

As noted in the Homewood Suites Downtown Ottawa thread, the breakfast benefit is the same for both Homewood Suites and Hilton Garden Inn.

Despite the stated "continental" breakfast benefit for HGI, it is delivered here as it always had been in Canada (at least until recently) as a full hot breakfast with a reasonable selection and quality of breads, pastries, juices, scrambled eggs, bacon etc. I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at the airport when I first arrived and they have gone to the cold only continental approach and the quality there has gone downhill--I likely would opt for a Hampton Inn over the airport HGI now.

Not so for the downtown HGI. It is quiet, modern, relatively close to everything downtown even though it is on the west end of it. The staff were pleasant and helpful, including me checking in at 8 AM in the morning and giving me a breakfast coupon for that day too (giving me 3 coupons for 2 nights of stays). All good here. I hope they can thrive. Didn't get a chance to test out restaurant in the evening but it looked like it was well used. Could be the relative lack of dining options now open post-Covid and post trucker protest in downtown Ottawa.. In any case, I would be willing to give it a whirl on my next trip back.

Moderator: you could label this a review thread. It has been a while since posting so I didn't notice the "new" Review labelling possibility before I posted.

Last edited by BlondeBomber; Apr 9, 2022 at 1:54 pm