FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quirk Hotel Charlottesville, VA - left Hyatt 3/31/2022
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:13 pm
iluvdoco

Originally Posted by paytonc
Just reading this - oh no! These were some of my favorite stays over the past year, and I was planning on another downtown Richmond weekend. That said, Retro Hospitality does a great job; they run the Dairy Market food hall a few blocks from the Quirk, and I was impressed with their Staunton property. Maybe they offered a better deal, maybe they see a future in aggregating some boutiques to sell (a la Two Roads) or to offer as an affiliation deal to a bigger operator.

The nearest Hyatt properties are now either the dull Hyatt Place on Route 29, or the palatial Keswick Hall. Both have pools; I wouldn't say either has a great lounge, but I guess the HP at least has something within walking distance and is likely close to your family. Keswick has a lovely pool but it's more of a destination resort that happens to be near Monticello.

Besides the Quirk, the other boutique options in town (all clustered around The Corner, outside UVa) are Draftsman (a Marriott Autograph), the Graduate, and the Dinsmore Inn; none of these have pools. The large Omni downtown and the Marriott Residence Inn / Fairfield near downtown do have pools.
Thanks for the tip! Didn't know that Keswick Hall is an SLH property.