FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada eUpgrade program (October 2020 onwards) [read wiki BEFORE asking question]
Old Apr 5, 2022, 1:30 pm
mountainboy

Programs: AC SE MM
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I cancelled 3 paid Latitude round trips to Europe last year after an agent did this to me as a result of a schedule change. Like okay, you're moving me to an entirely different connection city on the outbound, I appreciate it's a new upgrade request. But the return???? On an involuntary schedule change?!?!?!

I don't have time for that crap.
My question here didn't come out of the blue. We made a similar change to another ticket earlier this year. It took the agents forever to repair the ticket (2 hours on the phone). That ticket has now posted to Aeroplan with a ridiculously low AQD. I suspect some sort of coupon tracking bug on the accounting side.

This new ticket I was mailing about also had a previous manual change. An hour with the agents. That time, the eupgrade system got stuck. There was R6, but the site & agents couldn't advance it. There is software bug. They forced those legs into J for about 2 weeks, but then one night someone touched the ticket and fixed the eupgrade, and of course threw away the seat assignments...

What bothers me most here is the hour lost. The concierge should have told me to try the online site, or be capable of trying the equivelant internal automation for us, without involving the guts of ticketing staff doing coupon swaps while we wait online listening to the same old song on repeat.