FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada eUpgrade program (October 2020 onwards) [read wiki BEFORE asking question]
Old Apr 4, 2022, 12:23 pm
FOTA

Programs: AC SE | *A Gold
Should I cancel and reapply for an eUpgrade if waitlisted but there's now space in R?

I booked a flight and requested an eUpgrade from flex to business on it a month ago. I've been waitlisted the whole time, and 5 days ago I started looking on expertflyer for R space. It's been 0 the whole time, but just this morning 1 spot in R has opened up, and it's suprisingly remained there for the past couple hours. I confirmed that this is real by testing a dummy booking on Aeroplan, where it indeed shows that this flight has eUpgrade availability (as opposed to the other flights that show "You will be waitlisted.").

At this point, I'm wondering if I should just cancel my eUpgrade request and request again. The only hesitancy I have with this is whether I'll lose my eUpgrade spot if it turns out in some way that this was a glitch or something and I am indeed put on the waitlist again, but instead of 1 month prior to the flight, 1 day prior. Would this deprioritize me? I've read varying accounts here about whether the timing of when you placed your eUpgrade request affects your place in line. In case it matters, I'm Aeroplan 50K