FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow t5 disruption 2nd April
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2022, 12:03 pm
RichieMc

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
So two tickets but overnight. Yes, your responsibility is to getto DUB by Wednesday morning, and if all else fails there is the overnight coach and train services. LCY would be safer, so long as the weather for Tuesday is in reasonable bounds. Personally I wouldn't change, but if being a no-show is going to be problematic, then switch to LCY if MMB allows that to happen, after checking the weather forecast tomorrow.
Got it thanks. Seems reasonable. Just one clarification. I’m doing the positioning flight to Dublin Tuesday morning. Then the first leg of the main course is Dublin back to London on Tuesday evening at 17:25. Then it’s overnight at Sofitel T5 before LHR-JFK-SFO Wednesday morning on AA. Nice thing about keeping everything at T5 is I could drop my bag - if I decide to check one - at the hotel Tuesday morning so as not to lug it back and forth to Dublin. But anyway, I’ll gauge the temp and see how things look tomorrow. A further option would be to take the super early 6:50 from LHR which wouldn’t depend on an incoming aircraft being on time.

Last edited by RichieMc; Apr 2, 2022 at 12:31 pm