FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emed Abbott's BinaxNOW for entry to Portugal
Old Mar 31, 2022, 7:06 am
Graciecatt

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ReachELS
I am indeed a US citizen and am expecting the Swiss Covid Certificate to work - let you know in 90 minutes!

Fingers crossed.
Originally Posted by Leesa Hudak
Good luck - and thanks so much!
Hi - sorry I didn't see this earlier. I really wish TAP had some sort of advance check to make sure we'll be ok. We are expecting that the Swiss Cert will be OK but just to be absolutely sure that the Gate Agent doesn't wonder about the validity of our Swiss cert, we downloaded the German Corona-Warn app and loaded our Swiss cert into it. The reason for doing this was pointed out to me that Germany is part of the Schengen countries and it even says EU Digital Covid Certificate right on the top so there's no possibility that a Gate Agent will think it's not an actual EUDCC.

I guess it remains to be seen if a Gate Agent will take it upon themselves to wonder how US citizens can get a valid EUDCC but hopefully we won't encounter an agent who feels powerful/challenging. I'm STILL wondering if we should test before we leave just to be 110% sure.