FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asiana Club Status Period Extension due to COVID-19?
Old Mar 29, 2022, 10:42 am
downinit

Originally Posted by Gasolin
I don't know if my case is different, but my eligibility period was until Oct 2021. On Oct 2021, I have received the response below
--

Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting Asiana Airlines.

For the convenience of Asiana Club members who are not able to use Asiana Airlines due to the prolonged Covid-19 impact, we will extend the qualification period by up to one year until 2021.
Therefore, if you are planning to maintain or demote your qualification based on the current eligibility period (2021-10-31), the eligibility period will be extended by an additional year to 2022-10-31.
For your Diamond grade maintenance, you need to accumulate 4,092 boarding mileages in this eligibility period.
The only caveat here is if Asiana decides to make a distinction between the extension offered for 2021 and that offered in 2022. The above quote clearly specifies "until 2021," so it cannot be taken to for granted that the same applies to status expiring in 2022. Hopefully, someone can get a better answer soon. We know that they have decided to extend status until 2023, so one would hope they will extend the qualification period, as well.