FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asiana Club Status Period Extension due to COVID-19?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 7:57 pm
mad_atta

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
So are you saying the extension just extends the current status expiration, but the evaluation period does not get extended?

Ie. status extended from March 2022 to March 2023, but the original March 2022-March 2024 evaluation period was unchanged?
I'm confused too and wondering the same thing. And is there any way to tell what the situation is before it happens?

I'm Diamond, with zero miles accrued so far and a requalification date of June 30, 2022, and am trying to decide where to credit miles from an upcoming trip. I realise that I can't count on Asiana as *G for too long, but I quite like the unique redemption opportunities like Etihad and Qatar, so I'm happy to park some miles there rather than my other *A program, NZ (which is a terrible value program but the long haul upgrades are useful to me and I have a banked year of status anyway). But it would be great to know whether I need to worry about maintaining status, in which case I need to credit 30K miles rather than the ±20K I have from this upcoming trip alone, or if my status will be preserved and my qualification period will just reset on July 1st.

Has anyone been able to get a clear answer from Asiana regarding what applies to their individual case? I don't really want to just wait until July 1st and hope for the best! On 'My Asiana' it still says qualification period ends 30 June, 2022 but it sounds like that's not necessarily a reliable guide?!

Last edited by mad_atta; Mar 26, 2022 at 8:02 pm