FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changing a readjusted flight due to original flight being canceled
Old Mar 22, 2022, 1:02 pm
Denguin

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
After a certain amount of time, WestJet's system seems to automatically accept changes. So if you didn't take any action for 2 weeks or 30 days or whatever it is, the system just marks it as accepted and you're screwed.

I've not yet tried to fight them on this point (cancel to Travel Bank and re-book has been an acceptable alternative), but someone should.
It may show as "accepted", but you actually always retain the ability to change it if you call in, on the caveat that it meets their arbitrary definition as a "major" schedule change. I've sat on schedule changes for months on end before, just to change them to a different flight a few days before depending on how my plans ended up shaking out.

The only time it'll be locked in is if you actually accepted the change by clicking the "accept" button, or changed it to another flight via an agent.

In the OP's case, even though they didn't update the thread, they were indeed successful in changing their flight to the later option.