FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Is The Matter With This Once Proud Airline??
Old Mar 22, 2022, 7:25 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stevie
Logged into my BA account today and realised I have a GUF2 that expires April 1st. Had a check to several destinations I may fly to this year but there was zero F availability. Logged out and couldn't care less about losing the GUF2. Anyway my experience this year with LH/Swiss/Singapore/Qatar has been very good, and I have further flights to Asia with other airlines later this year.

Its is big world out there and my days of being loyal (and I was - BA gold for over 20 years) are pretty much finished, especially to a company who was last competitive in the late 90s.
you should be able to readily get extensions for your GUF if you ask. Extensions in 6 month increments up to 3 years should be fine, and I know at least one person who has had a GUF extended to 4 years.

I think on your broader point, you should distinguish the airline from the FFP. I understand you already prefer other airlines over BA (which is perfectly fine of course), so that’s the airline loyalty. On FFP do you think you will use another oneworld FFP going forward instead of BAEC?