FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NYC Limousine / Car Services
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2022, 8:00 pm
progapanda

Programs: Kettle Class
That is a fair caveat and a useful datapoint. I don't use limos for in-city transfers so can't speak to their pricing within NYC limits. I should have clarified that I used MyDestiny for 30+ mi airport trips out to/from Nassau County, Long Island where yellow cabs are not an option, and last minute Uber and Lyft cancellations are not uncommon.

I'd also note that MyDestiny already includes a tip in their fare quote and was within 20$ of the best UberComfort pre-quote we found (quoted before tip, and not even UberBlack).

One only need follow https://twitter.com/JFKairport to see how often these days the airport warns arriving passengers about long delays at the taxi rank and to make alternate arrangements. Having a scheduled ride was worth the peace of mind for us. If others have recommendations for more reasonable limo services from JFK out to the suburbs, I'd be all ears.

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I just looked at MyDestiny from where I live (in central Queens) to JFK tomorrow morning and it is more than twice as much as Uber/Lyft or a yellow cab, and even more than a local radio cab.

-J.