FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - List of BA destinations where masks are mandatory
Old Mar 19, 2022, 7:08 am
Cap'n Benj

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Oh yes, I'm fully aware that "I want tough restrictions" has that hidden clause "for everyone else". Be it crime, immigration, taxes or dare I suggest lounge entry. But in the case of masks there is a bit of a logic that says "we all do this or no-one does this". As someone who works in this field the frustrating bit for me is the failure to understand that masks never stood alone, it was in connection with everything else (notably social distancing) and everyone else. I guess I and my colleagues share some responsibility for not explaining how viruses work, but also feel some people could only think of themselves - again the "for everyone else".
The masking message was lost in the UK at the start of the pandemic, when the government actively encouraged people not use them as the rest if the world masked up.

No one likes to admit they’re wrong.

As an Englishmen living in the Massachusetts (where masks were fully embraced post a huge number of deaths early on), I’ve been amazed by the selfishness of the majority of English in trying to do anything they can to not wear masks.

My trips home have been a real eye opener. Happy to clap every Thursday night for a bit not happy to wear a mask in Tesco for 10 minutes.

The tales of the many ‘exempt’ in the UK is utterly hilarious when you live somewhere where you see you no one maskless and no one endlessly whining about it, whether they like it or not