FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - List of BA destinations where masks are mandatory
Old Mar 19, 2022, 5:32 am
JD1905
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I would be very wary of this sort of statement. Every opinion poll and every piece of market research that I've seen for the UK over the last few months has shown the public support a fairly rigorous imposition of mask mandates. It doesn't seem to matter if the poll or research is commission by UKHSA, the Cabinet Office, media organisations or consumer groups, they all more or less point the same way. As a general point "most of us" means "me and fellow minded people" regardless of actual size.

This is a matter of timing, 23 March is a big day within Europe, potentially 19 April in USA, so with a bit of patience there will be a time when this will become much easier. BA at least isn't striving to be the last airline to work this space and after a bit of a hiccup on day 1, we now have a clear list of places where there isn't a maskmandate.
One could argue that the type of person that would participate in such polls would be the type that would support mask mandated. I would take them with a pinch of salt. Walking around Heathrow last night I think it was clear that most people don’t want to wear them.