FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HELP DESK: AA In-Flight WiFi (Gogo, ViaSat, Panasonic)
Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:22 pm
FrontOfTheCurtain

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
Originally Posted by jayer
Relative making near-term very short notice flight. He insists he needs over-water internet connection for business. (Which sounds absolutely depressing on your way to Hawaii, but I digress).

His best routing would be leaving from LAX, where he will be by then anyway, flying on an AA A321neo. (The alternative would be to backtrack to Phoenix or even home to DFW and get on an AA widebody, or another airline). He has something above Platinum on AA and wants the miles to requalify if possible.

The AA website lets you type in flight numbers to check WiFi availability, but answers the question by displaying an icon. (Which gets me back to why don't they just say "yes" or "no" anyway. Even if that makes me sound even older than I am).

The icons for widebodys obviously indicate availability. A321neos are . . . .confusing. They display an icon that looks like you are looking through a streaky windshield with a wiper stuck on the right side. Don't have a clue what that even means.

From an outside source it appears most AA A321s are equipped with a vendor that does not work over the Pacific. But that map is dated, and I suppose the over-water planes would be a sub-fleet.

But I'm guessing. Does anyone know from recent experience?

Thanks
The last time I was on an A321neo to Hawaii there was no coverage over the Pacific Ocean. Check post #195 for the coverage map.