FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United’s 24-hour cancellation / flexible booking policy ...
Old Mar 14, 2022, 7:57 pm
rivertalkriver

Flight cancelled in 24hr not refunded

Hi, I need some advice for how and who to contact for my reservation cancellation problem.
I purchased a flight on 3/8 with ~$100 credit card and ~$300 future flight credit, then quickly realized I purchased wrong ticket (date) and cancelled my ticket within 1 hr of booking, well within the 24hr worry free booking limit. But I have neither received a cancellation confirmation email nor a refund/FFC as of 3/14 today. I called customer service multiple times. First agent accused me of cancelling too quickly so that my reservation was not actually cancelled (but I can't see it in "my trips" either). Second agent told me cancellation is shown to be successful from her side and $100 will go back to CC and $300 will go to a new FFC. That call got hang in the middle so I had to start a fresh call. The third agent said $100 back to CC and $300 to eCert. Well I don't have a preference over FFC or eCert so I didn't complain. I still don't see them today so I called again and now the fourth agent said my cancellation was denied. I also used the refund web form on UA website, but got no reply. I am complaining to DOT now that > 5 days has passed and still no one can solve my problem. Does anyone know other avenues I could get help for this issue?