FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2022]
Old Mar 13, 2022, 11:38 am
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by BusinessCasualSport
What's the difference in the lie-flat seats/cabin experience between a 777 and 787 Dreamliner? Have the chance to fly the Dreamliner but the dollar cost of the ticket is very high. So I am not sure if I should use miles to book Y or $+plus points to try and get the lie flat. It's a domestic flight so don't want to buy business class using miles. If there's no big difference, I may just buy a Y award ticket. Thanks in advance.
First you need to provide more specific. There are a few non-polaris seat 787s and some of the non-polaris 777s are returning to service.

Assuming you are talking the polaris seat versions (the vast majority) of 777 and 787s, the differences are small

The F&B service should the same on the same route. Better on SFO/LAX to EWR/JFK.
The 777 polaris seats are a tad wider. Both the seats are pretty similar between 777 and 787
The 787 aircraft are pressurized at a lower elevation and some find that more comfortable