FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA miles awards: using / redeeming AA miles on Qantas (QF) & related (consolidated)
Old Mar 11, 2022, 3:02 pm
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I cant find a single J ticket on LAX/SYD or LAX/MEL. Are they just all sold out through using AA miles? I looked at 15 straight days over summer and then also October, November & December maybe 20 combined days. I know getting F on QF through AA was a challenge pre Covid but I dont recall finding J availability was.
So you searched 35 days out of ~331 and didn't find a single F or J award seat on QF between LAX-SYD or MEL. Maybe the least shocking news, ever

Sorry OP not to pile on, but as we've mentioned several times now there is nothing easy about finding QF premium award space between the US and Australia. Not sure what you're recalling but business has always been just about as difficult as F.

Not to mention 2022 will be especially interesting with travel just opening back up, lots of pent up demand, flight schedules still in flux and not back to pre-pandemic levels, etc.

There's not much you can do other than to just keep checking back, but I would definitely have a plan B and C.