FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA miles awards: using / redeeming AA miles on Qantas (QF) & related (consolidated)
Old Mar 11, 2022, 2:59 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I cant find a single J ticket on LAX/SYD or LAX/MEL. Are they just all sold out through using AA miles? I looked at 15 straight days over summer and then also October, November & December maybe 20 combined days. I know getting F on QF through AA was a challenge pre Covid but I don't recall finding J availability was.

Also, For SYD to/from Sin F doesn't come up and I was wondering why given they are flying an A380. Only J comes on that and even then its hard to find it direct. Usually requires a stop in Perth. Finally looking like I can do my Australia & Singapore trip but I cant find any of the availability I used to be able to find.
Try QF to BNE.
From SFO may be an option if those QF flights resume
The QF AU <--->USA routes and aircraft are still evolving. Will take months to settle down
Only the QF A380 has F class. B787 does not

AA also fly LAX-SYD. Suspended from 5 May to 29 Oct 2022
ExecTrav "American Airlines will suspend lights between Sydney and Los Angeles from May 5, citing “ongoing delays” to the delivery of new Boeing 787 jets."
OMAT "Los Angeles to Sydney (existing route, suspended until October 29, 2022)"

And then there is FJ via NAN

FT thread-->AAdvantage award to / from Australia, New Zealand (master thread)

Edit
QF & BA ffp's (amadeus GDS) can get awards from 355 days out. With QF days out is status dependant. So awards released may be gone

Edit 2
AFF 30 Sep 2021 --->How Qantas Plans to Fly Airbus A330s to the USA

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Mar 11, 2022 at 4:05 pm