FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any experiences with QEEQ
View Single Post
Old Mar 9, 2022, 8:41 am
pushmyredbutton

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by bhomburg
The super-cheap rates queeq quotes come with one catch, though: They do not include any kind of insurance. And by any, I mean any - not even legally required liability insurance. See the disclaimer: No insurance included, such as Third Party Liability Protection, Collision or Theft protection. The option applies to those who have their own insurances. Please obtain a letter of proof that you have insurances which extends to the country of rental at pick-up.
Those rates are not geared at (foreign) tourists.
You will either have to buy insurance from the rental agency at inflated daily rates which will drive up cost significantly or purchase a policy in the UK from specialized vendors like https://www.icarhireinsurance.com.
I use QEEQ all the time since I'm based overseas, but have a US license. I can confirm that this is not true when it comes to US rentals. It may be verbiage on the QEEQ side to dissuade users from choosing that option, but all (US) rental car companies are required to provide the state minimum of liability coverage on their vehicles, regardless if you have your own or if you purchase their additional liability option.