Any experiences with QEEQ

Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Lidl Plus
Any experiences with QEEQ

Hi everyone, I'm a UK resident looking to rent a car from San Diego airport for 5 days in late May. There will only be two of us and a couple of cases so size of car isn't an issue.

I've used Skyscanner and the best deal I can find (by far!) is via a platform called QEEQ. I've never heard of it before, and the website is in strangely broken English which feels like a red flag. I'm not worried about being scammed: I can book without making any payment upfront or submitting any card details. I'm just wondering if there will actually be a car waiting for me when I get to the desk. Online reviews lurch from extremely positive to absolutely scathing.

Does anyone have first-hand experience using QEEQ they could share? Many thanks!
Old Feb 16, 2022, 6:23 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

QEEQ is a China-based company. They have some decent deals but their customer service record is mixed. They are a legitimate company though. Your car should be waiting for you.

You can use the links below to request a quote from AutoSlash for comparison. We rate just a bit higher than QEEQ.

Good luck and safe travels!
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Lidl Plus
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
You can use the links below to request a quote from AutoSlash for comparison. We rate just a bit higher than QEEQ.
Thanks for your help, I've done just that - is it a problem that I am a UK rather than US resident?
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by speedbird66
Thanks for your help, I've done just that - is it a problem that I am a UK rather than US resident?
Not a problem. We have customers all over the world. Feel free to reply to your quote email if you have any questions or difficulties. That goes directly to our support team and they respond quickly.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
The super-cheap rates queeq quotes come with one catch, though: They do not include any kind of insurance. And by any, I mean any - not even legally required liability insurance. See the disclaimer: No insurance included, such as Third Party Liability Protection, Collision or Theft protection. The option applies to those who have their own insurances. Please obtain a letter of proof that you have insurances which extends to the country of rental at pick-up.
Those rates are not geared at (foreign) tourists.
You will either have to buy insurance from the rental agency at inflated daily rates which will drive up cost significantly or purchase a policy in the UK from specialized vendors like https://www.icarhireinsurance.com.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
QEEQ is a China-based company.
Say no more...
Auto Enthusiast and strickerj like this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by bhomburg
The super-cheap rates queeq quotes come with one catch, though: They do not include any kind of insurance. And by any, I mean any - not even legally required liability insurance. See the disclaimer: No insurance included, such as Third Party Liability Protection, Collision or Theft protection. The option applies to those who have their own insurances. Please obtain a letter of proof that you have insurances which extends to the country of rental at pick-up.
Those rates are not geared at (foreign) tourists.
You will either have to buy insurance from the rental agency at inflated daily rates which will drive up cost significantly or purchase a policy in the UK from specialized vendors like https://www.icarhireinsurance.com.
I use QEEQ all the time since I'm based overseas, but have a US license. I can confirm that this is not true when it comes to US rentals. It may be verbiage on the QEEQ side to dissuade users from choosing that option, but all (US) rental car companies are required to provide the state minimum of liability coverage on their vehicles, regardless if you have your own or if you purchase their additional liability option.
gei likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
I use QEEQ all the time since I'm based overseas, but have a US license. I can confirm that this is not true when it comes to US rentals. It may be verbiage on the QEEQ side to dissuade users from choosing that option, but all (US) rental car companies are required to provide the state minimum of liability coverage on their vehicles, regardless if you have your own or if you purchase their additional liability option.
That is true in all states except for California. That said, the minimum liability required by the state may not be enough to cover even a modest accident, and even if it does, there is nothing stopping the rental company from coming after you if you rear-end someone else's Mercedes and total it. Yes, the state minimums might cover $25K of the $50K total, so Avis could come after you for the remaining $25K, or they could come after you for the full $50K. Nothing is stopping them from doing this and it's well within their right since they are the policy holder--not you, the renter.
guv1976, randix, bhomburg and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
As AutoSlash correctly notes, renting in California is a special case. California requires that renters -- not just the rental companies -- have minimum liability insurance, and does not require the rental companies to provide such coverage to renters free of charge. Hertz, for example, will provide free minimum coverage to renters with foreign licenses, but not to renters with U.S. licenses:

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/reser...RAGES&EOAG=LAX

And, of course, many renters would not be comfortable with just minimal liability coverage. But if you hold a U.S. driver license and are happy with minimal liability coverage, you can join AARP and rent from participating Avis/Budget locations in California using the AARP rate code: that rate automatically includes $25K/$50K/$10K third-party-liability coverage:

https://www.avis.com/en/association/A359807
AutoSlash likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:36 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
i wanted to ask about this as well...found a car in sfo for 3week of july -incredibly expensive with everyone apart from QEEQ....why is it so much cheaper and can I trust them? i made some other bookings with them as well,but wondering if I should cancel due to the reviews online which are not greatly positive!
thanks
Old Jun 14, 2022, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
i wanted to ask about this as well...found a car in sfo for 3week of july -incredibly expensive with everyone apart from QEEQ....why is it so much cheaper and can I trust them? i made some other bookings with them as well,but wondering if I should cancel due to the reviews online which are not greatly positive!
thanks
Feel free to PM us your rental details. We'll see if we can do any better for you with the major companies.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 10:17 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
will do so-i have tried with autoslash but couldnt find anything near as good as that...
Old Sep 2, 2023, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by bhomburg
Not true.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 1:53 am
gei

I've booked with QEEQ several times and have never had any issues. I'm usually renting in Florida where the rental car company DOES provide liability insurance, and my personal car insurance policy also includes liability, along with amex platinum for everything else. The rates I am getting from QEEQ are considerably cheaper than from autoslash.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.