FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Regional Upgrades on Delta (RUC) post 2/1/2022
Old Feb 28, 2022, 9:54 am
bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
What I am seeing on D1 ATL to PHX is you have to have Global Certificate not a Regional When did PHX become an international destination?
So there is no D1 ATL to PHX, there is a First flight with D1 equipment. As on all other First flights (i.e. almost all domestic flights), there is sometimes RUC space, denoted with "Upgrade to First available with upgrade certificate", or if that's not available, then you have 2 options -- you can either waitlist an RUC request (same as has been possible for years), or if you have GUCs you can confirm an upgrade to First to any available seat. You don't have to use a GUC, but if you want to guarantee the request clears then it's an option to use one.

Prior to 2/1, all the First flights that show "Upgrade to First available with Global Upgrade Certificate" would have read "Upgrade Certificate not available" because RUC space isn't open on those flights right now, and pre-2/1 there was no other option.

I agree though that the way this is framed on the availability listings on Delta.com is somewhat confusing right now.