FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - National/ Alamo FAQs and Questions
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2022, 3:12 am
m907

Originally Posted by Friarboy
Is there an optimal time to pick up an aisle reservation to maximize options? I rent from the PIT airport location frequently because I live nearby and the neighborhood Enterprise in my experience has much less selection and shabbier vehicles. A few weeks back we had a snowstorm and I delayed my trip several hours, heading down around 8 PM which is later than I normally would, to find the entire place cleaned out. The rep quoted me 2 hours before my car would be ready. I prefer National because of corporate alliance, Emerald Club, and the aisle, but Avis had plenty of vehicles and I needed to hit the road so I switched my reservation and got out of there.

If I'm able to would it be better to arrive early in the morning before many flights get in to pick up, or is it totally hit and miss?
In general, Monday mornings and Friday mornings are best. You might also find something good on a Tuesday or Wednesday night when they're short on cars and they put more special cars on the aisle just to fill reservations. PIT is one of the more generous locations if you're executive or executive elite and ask nicely for a particular car. I've found Saturday nights to be good at PIT.