FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Silicon Hills: Moving to Austin
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2022, 2:32 pm
wakesetter93

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by jtav559
Enjoying the House Hunt / TR.
Well I'm glad somebody is enjoying it, because we certainly aren't!

I can certainly feel your pain on the multi-offer + WELL above asking price game. My wife and I went thru the rigamarole of shopping in the greater Los Angeles market and were shocked at some of the sales stories.
My favorite, and it seems you ran into one too: house went live and within 24 hours had 39 offers and the winner was $85K above asking price / was under contract before the 48 hour mark. How does one even compete with that craziness?!?

It took us a few attempts, but we finally found one that worked for us. I am sure you will too!!!!

Ps, Gumbo is a proper gentleman with his bandana.
I can't believe there are enough people out here to keep the prices so elevated for so long. Since my last post I've talked to my realtor twice and she drove over to the builder because they weren't answering the phone (she was in the area) and they told her that we could get on the waitlist and they would probably be able to get us under contract in July and the house could be done 12-16 months after that. It's absolute madness!

Gumbo has two modes, proper gentelman and total a-hole. I got him on a good day