FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetBlue Icelandair Flight Questions/Issues
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:12 pm
FlyingHi4Now

Originally Posted by jiminmd10
Unfortunately, I relied on the information above to my loss. If you want a seat assignment you MUST book directly on IcelandAir - DO NOT BOOK USING JetBlue. I booked on a JetBlue/IcelandAir flight 2 days ago for a flight 5 months in future expecting I could get seat assignments. After calling Iceland Air they said I could not receive seat assignments until I physically show up at airport just before the flight. I reached to JetBlue to cancel and try to book on Iceland Air, but they said they could only give me a voucher since 24 hours passed. I have a family of 4 and would like to sit with them and not worry about an overbooked flight.

I'm doing the reverse. I've booked on Icelandair using their codeshare ID for the domestic Jet Blue portion, so all my flights have FI flight numbers, even those with B6 metal. I was unable to find out how the baggage allowance works however. I'm flying Saga Premium on Icelandair with two free checked bags allowed. I haven't been able to get any answers about the bags on Jet Blue, who usually charges for checked bags (I have no status on either airline). Do you know how the baggage allowances are handled on these connecting flights?