Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Icelandair Flight Questions/Issues

Old May 29, 2019, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

A few months ago while planning my trip from JFK to KEF, I learned that JetBlue and Icelandair had become partners. I ended up booking my Icelandair flight through JetBlue because there was a cost savings rather than booking direct through Icelandair. Well, now is where the technical issues have begun. I wasn't able to pick a seat, so I called JetBlue who told me to call Icelandair. Great, Icelandair was able to assign my seat for me.

Tonight, I called Icelandair to see if any first class seats were available on my flight. They said they were, but I would need to call JetBlue to have them make the change since it was booked through them. I called JetBlue and they said they have no access to the Icelandair database to make this change and that Icelandair would have to do it. I keep getting the runaround from both companies. Okay, no big deal, I can keep my current class assignment. There was also a conflict as to the seat my paperwork says I was assigned vs what's on record with Icelandair.

When trying to manage my flight through the JetBlue app, I am unable to get to the manage section (also where I'd go to check in before the flight). I enter my booking confirmation and last name, then attempt to press "manage flight" and nothing happens. Has anyone else run into this? I'd like to make sure all the necessary information is entered and up to date.

When I asked the airlines if I could add a checked bag to my fare, I was told I would have to do this at the airport... odd.

Since booking, I have received a Known Traveler Number. Any ideas on whether or not I call JetBlue or Icelandair to have this added to my flight details?

I'm really not getting a good feeling about this upcoming flight going smoothly. Can anyone offer some information or advice on this scenario? Thanks!
Old May 30, 2019, 10:58 am
Suspended

Cant help with these 2 carriers, but any time I used my miles and flew on a partner it was always the partner I was flying that I had to deal with be it for seats, special meals, checked bags etc etc yet if I wanted to change the flight time or date of flight or which cabin I wanted to fly in then I had to deal with the issuing carrier and not the carrier I was flying

So I believe in your case you need to deal with Jet Blue only if you wanted to change to 1st, everything else you need to deal with Icelandair that you mentioned
Old Jun 3, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by RJS5689
When trying to manage my flight through the JetBlue app, I am unable to get to the manage section (also where I'd go to check in before the flight). I enter my booking confirmation and last name, then attempt to press "manage flight" and nothing happens. Has anyone else run into this? I'd like to make sure all the necessary information is entered and up to date.
I wouldn't read too much into this problem; I've had this same issue with JetBlue flights. Read through the forum to see the long list of JetBlue website issues...

I am completely speculating on this -- I have never tried it with this exact combination of airlines -- but oftentimes when you book a flight on airline A through a codeshare on airline B, the ticket has two confirmation numbers (PNRs) associated with it -- one for the ticketing carrier (in this case, JetBlue), and one for the operating carrier (in this case, Icelandair). The one you have in your ticket confirmation is the one from JetBlue -- but if you can get the Icelandair PNR, they may be able to see/do more in their system.

It may be worth calling JetBlue and asking them for the Icelandair PNR for your ticket -- and then calling Icelandair (or using their website) with that number in hand. Again, I'm guessing a bit here, but it can't hurt to ask...
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:00 pm

Unfortunately, I relied on the information above to my loss. If you want a seat assignment you MUST book directly on IcelandAir - DO NOT BOOK USING JetBlue. I booked on a JetBlue/IcelandAir flight 2 days ago for a flight 5 months in future expecting I could get seat assignments. After calling Iceland Air they said I could not receive seat assignments until I physically show up at airport just before the flight. I reached to JetBlue to cancel and try to book on Iceland Air, but they said they could only give me a voucher since 24 hours passed. I have a family of 4 and would like to sit with them and not worry about an overbooked flight.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by jiminmd10
Unfortunately, I relied on the information above to my loss. If you want a seat assignment you MUST book directly on IcelandAir - DO NOT BOOK USING JetBlue. I booked on a JetBlue/IcelandAir flight 2 days ago for a flight 5 months in future expecting I could get seat assignments. After calling Iceland Air they said I could not receive seat assignments until I physically show up at airport just before the flight. I reached to JetBlue to cancel and try to book on Iceland Air, but they said they could only give me a voucher since 24 hours passed. I have a family of 4 and would like to sit with them and not worry about an overbooked flight.

I'm doing the reverse. I've booked on Icelandair using their codeshare ID for the domestic Jet Blue portion, so all my flights have FI flight numbers, even those with B6 metal. I was unable to find out how the baggage allowance works however. I'm flying Saga Premium on Icelandair with two free checked bags allowed. I haven't been able to get any answers about the bags on Jet Blue, who usually charges for checked bags (I have no status on either airline). Do you know how the baggage allowances are handled on these connecting flights?
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Since there's no formal alliance or straightforward inter-airline agreement/policy, the rule to fall back on is IATA Resolution 302 which says that with international itineraries involving multiple carriers booked on a single ticket, the most significant carrier's baggage policy applies (especially since the JetBlue flights have FI flight numbers). If the IcelandAir flights are the longest flights on your itinerary, then IcelandAir's policy should apply. However, I would not expect JetBlue's front line agents or supervisors to know this, given how sloppy JetBlue's operations are. If they do try to charge you, pay it, and then file a complaint later.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.