FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What the hell is going on, BA?
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2022, 1:13 pm
choosethedrew

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by oneworldglobetrotter
Any debt BA has received has been on commercial terms and has also been available to other publicly traded companies in any industry...
I'm afraid that's simply not the case; the UK Export Development Guarantee lists having a minimum percentage of exports in its eligibility criteria. I work for a house builder and I am quite certain we would have taken out such a loan had it been available to us. But we weren't eligible, and neither should we have been. The wider point that these are stock loans at market rates available to anyone is not accurate. It may not have been a debenture like what I understand is the case with part of Lufthansa's package, but without the UK government, IAG would not have been able to access loans of the same size and / or at the same rates and therefore survive.

Back OT, I can only sympathise with the OP. My other half had a weather-related cancellation on FR at Eindhoven and naturally feared the worst. Luckily, it transpired he was travelling on an airline with slick and thorough disruption processes and was whisked away to another airport super-quick. The next day, he was sent a voucher for a flight anywhere on the FR network, without any prompting.

Let's see if BA can compare