FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Force complimentary upgrade to premium out of exit rows?
Old Feb 19, 2022, 2:09 am
pipeliner

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
^ to be fair, not even solo 75ks are being upgraded these days since the intro of 100k, but your point is still valid.

With the release of only (1) U seat often at a time, it's been a problem for years now.
This has been an interesting thread, in spite of the OP's attitude.

For this year (due to all the bonus EQMs last year), I am 100k and my wife is 75k. I have been booking on one PNR with the assumption that my 100k status would give us a better shot at an F upgrade. For the past year or more, any F upgrades we got were typically very close to departure, so I assumed AS was holding back release of U in hopes of selling those F seats. Am I reading this correctly, that as the upgrade windows occur, we may be getting skipped over because U space is being released one at a time? In the past when we were both MVPG I typically used separate PNRs, unless on a companion fare, but thought my higher status now would give us a better shot at an F upgrade. Thoughts? And thank you in advance.