FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159
Old Feb 18, 2022, 6:11 pm
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by danger
I agree 90 minutes at MAD is not sufficient to go landside for a test.
It says it's "Departures Area," which to me sounds like airside. I'd suggest calling them to check. If so, they have a rapid antigen test with results in 15-20 minutes for 30 euro. Presumably they will email you the results, so no need to wait for them.

I had seen that Heathrow page but thought none were suitable for my US-bound circumstances. The PCR test is only returned by 10pm the next day which is far too late. However, on reading the CDC guidelines again, "lateral" tests are acceptable. Do you think the GBP25 "Lateral Flow/Rapid Antigen" test falls into that category? All the testing terminology confuses the hell out of me.
For the U.S., even an antigen test is sufficient, so any of the offered tests would be fine. You could do the test on your way to your hotel, presumably receive the email results that evening, giving you plenty of time to have the hotel print them for you (I usually email the front desk to have a page printed) and also load them into VeriFLY if you use that (which AA supports).

I will be in the US for one night, then returning to Spain before heading to the US again three days later. I may see if I can get one of these eMed/Binax tests you mentioned on my 24 hours in the US that I can then use for that second entry to the US.
Order them ahead of time and have them sent to your U.S. address. If you order from eMed or an airline, it's $150 for six tests. If you order from Optum you can get two or three instead of six, but at a higher cost per test. It's always good to travel with at least two, just in case one is inconclusive or spoiled somehow.