FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TAP Air Portugal Offering Status Match
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2022, 9:27 am
adamgilbride

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by adamgilbride
Just found this really useful thread. I applied for a status match from BA Gold about three weeks ago, in advance of a flight on Lufthansa from LHR to LUX via FRA next week (BA aren’t flying direct this month). I guess I should give up all hope of having Star Alliance Gold status in place by Tuesday 😂
I’m seeing some progress, so I’m posting my timeline here for others…

1. On 24th January I applied by using this form: https://tapmilesandgo.typeform.com/to/hr6cWx8x (I had previously tried to apply at the same time as creating an account about a week earlier, but the website was erroring left, right and centre, so I didn’t trust that!)

2. I got a confirmation email the same day, saying that my case would be reviewed. There was no lead time stated in which to expect a reply.

3. Yesterday (February 17th) I received an email saying that my application had been provisionally approved, and instructing me on next steps. I paid the €99 to join the most basic level of the club.

4. I got an invoice and an email stating that my application had been successful, on the same day.

5. 24 hours later, I’m still waiting for my status to be reflected in the app and online. Let’s see when that happens!

Last edited by adamgilbride; Feb 18, 2022 at 10:41 am