Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP Air Portugal Offering Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2021, 4:38 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by mustafina
I finally had an email about my Gold status match being approved, more than 2 months after applying. I have subscribed and paid for the miles plan, but my status still shows as the basic one, needing 30000 miles to the next level. Any idea how long it takes to filter through and actually update the status online at the moment? Since I only got confirmation in mid-December and still don't have the updated status, which expires at the end of November 2022, I've already "lost" a month of benefits ..
To answer my own question, actually I had an invoice for the purchased miles within a couple of days, and emailed confirmation of my status a day or two after. There were dire warnings that it might take 2 weeks for everything to update, but in fact it already shows my new status and PDF card online, so after a long delay to get there, it's all gone through pretty quickly. Time to book my Lufthansa flights and hope they don't keep being cancelled at the last minute!
Old Jan 9, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
I did this status match when it was first available in 04/2020 and then did not use the status a single time Has anyone in the same situation managed to do match again?

I might try to create a new account and match through my newly-acquired AY Gold status.

Last edited by Alec84; Jan 9, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Old Jan 11, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Diamond; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Just got an email from TAP 'protecting' my gold status until the end of 2022. And my status now shows in the app with 'Maintain Gold up to 31-12-2022'. Nice.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by greg5
Just got an email from TAP 'protecting' my gold status until the end of 2022. And my status now shows in the app with 'Maintain Gold up to 31-12-2022'. Nice.
Greg5, when did you apply for the status match? I applied in summer, I think, but did not hear back and get approved until October. The front of my digital card says my status runs until 10/22. Did TAP contact you proactively and extend your status, or did you ask? Thanks
Old Jan 16, 2022, 4:25 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Diamond; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by gregorio1
Greg5, when did you apply for the status match? I applied in summer, I think, but did not hear back and get approved until October. The front of my digital card says my status runs until 10/22. Did TAP contact you proactively and extend your status, or did you ask? Thanks
gregorio1, I got an email on the day I posted this. They just sent it I didn't do anything. I had originally done my status match in Dec 2021. They also have my points set not to expire anytime soon. Hopefully, this isn't just some IT glitch and we get surprised by it suddenly disappearing on a flight.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 10:31 am
formerly Sleepy_Sentry

Just heard back approximately a month after applying. TAP has implemented a new system for applications and if you never heard back, I recommend applying again. This was my second application after never hearing back the first time.

Which TAP Club subscription is the best deal?
Old Feb 2, 2022, 6:41 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Plat, UA status-less after 15 years
Originally Posted by Sleepy_Sentry
Just heard back approximately a month after applying. TAP has implemented a new system for applications and if you never heard back, I recommend applying again. This was my second application after never hearing back the first time.

Which TAP Club subscription is the best deal?
Same... I actually heard back 5 months after applying. I'm going to try to apply again, they sent me a new link...
Old Feb 13, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Just found this really useful thread. I applied for a status match from BA Gold about three weeks ago, in advance of a flight on Lufthansa from LHR to LUX via FRA next week (BA aren’t flying direct this month). I guess I should give up all hope of having Star Alliance Gold status in place by Tuesday 😂
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by adamgilbride
Just found this really useful thread. I applied for a status match from BA Gold about three weeks ago, in advance of a flight on Lufthansa from LHR to LUX via FRA next week (BA aren’t flying direct this month). I guess I should give up all hope of having Star Alliance Gold status in place by Tuesday 😂
I applied twice over the past six months to status match from BA Gold.. heard nothing on both occasions... have tried for a 3rd time... kind of puts me off TAP to be honest.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by wingnuthead
Same... I actually heard back 5 months after applying. I'm going to try to apply again, they sent me a new link...
3rd time lucky - perhaps buying the package at the same time helps?
  1. I used the TAP Portugal contacts page to enquire about my previous 2 attempts at status matchhttps://www.flytap.com/en-pt/support/talk-to-us
    • (24hrs after logging my ticket) i recieved "We kindly ask you to forward your request to [email protected]."
  2. After contacting [email protected] said they had no record of my two previous requests and told me to reapply and sent the following link
  3. I applied and this time around i also purchased the $99 TAP Miles&Go Basic package after applying
  4. I sent this info new application info the fact i purchased the AP Miles&Go Basic package to [email protected]
  5. 12 hours later i receive the a success status match email

"TAP Miles&Go Programme is delighted to inform you that your Status Match Campaign Application has been Approved, following the purchase you have recently made of our Products. Therefore, your TAP Miles&Go status will be Promoted to Gold.
For technical reasons, the Promotion may take up to 15 days to be completed but we will do everything to get it done as soon as possible."
Old Feb 18, 2022, 9:27 am

I’m seeing some progress, so I’m posting my timeline here for others…

1. On 24th January I applied by using this form: https://tapmilesandgo.typeform.com/to/hr6cWx8x (I had previously tried to apply at the same time as creating an account about a week earlier, but the website was erroring left, right and centre, so I didn’t trust that!)

2. I got a confirmation email the same day, saying that my case would be reviewed. There was no lead time stated in which to expect a reply.

3. Yesterday (February 17th) I received an email saying that my application had been provisionally approved, and instructing me on next steps. I paid the €99 to join the most basic level of the club.

4. I got an invoice and an email stating that my application had been successful, on the same day.

5. 24 hours later, I’m still waiting for my status to be reflected in the app and online. Let’s see when that happens!

Last edited by adamgilbride; Feb 18, 2022 at 10:41 am
Old Feb 21, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
Originally Posted by babyg_wc
3rd time lucky - perhaps buying the package at the same time helps?
  1. I used the TAP Portugal contacts page to enquire about my previous 2 attempts at status matchhttps://www.flytap.com/en-pt/support/talk-to-us
    • (24hrs after logging my ticket) i recieved "We kindly ask you to forward your request to [email protected]."
  2. After contacting [email protected] said they had no record of my two previous requests and told me to reapply and sent the following link
  3. I applied and this time around i also purchased the $99 TAP Miles&Go Basic package after applying
  4. I sent this info new application info the fact i purchased the AP Miles&Go Basic package to [email protected]
  5. 12 hours later i receive the a success status match email

"TAP Miles&Go Programme is delighted to inform you that your Status Match Campaign Application has been Approved, following the purchase you have recently made of our Products. Therefore, your TAP Miles&Go status will be Promoted to Gold.
For technical reasons, the Promotion may take up to 15 days to be completed but we will do everything to get it done as soon as possible."
Followed this approach exactly and received both an approval and confirmation within 6 hours. Step 4 was critical for the turnaround time - as i also emailed that address as soon as I received the electronic receipt for the 4,000 miles package.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by jonnye
Followed this approach exactly and received both an approval and confirmation within 6 hours. Step 4 was critical for the turnaround time - as i also emailed that address as soon as I received the electronic receipt for the 4,000 miles package.
Happy days - glad it helpful to somebody. Note i have my first TAP flight on the 23rd, but no status on the website/app yet. Ive emailed " [email protected]" to see if they can reduce the 15 day wait time, as i could do with a little more luggage for this trip, no reply yet. I maybe flying without status on Wednesday sadly.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 9:26 am

I’m seeing some progress, so I’m posting my timeline here for others…

1. On 24th January I applied by using this form: https://tapmilesandgo.typeform.com/to/hr6cWx8x (I had previously tried to apply at the same time as creating an account about a week earlier, but the website was erroring left, right and centre, so I didn’t trust that!)

2. I got a confirmation email the same day, saying that my case would be reviewed. There was no lead time stated in which to expect a reply.

3. Yesterday (February 17th) I received an email saying that my application had been provisionally approved, and instructing me on next steps. I paid the €99 to join the most basic level of the club.

4. I got an invoice and an email stating that my application had been successful, on the same day.

5. 24 hours later, I’m still waiting for my status to be reflected in the app and online. Let’s see when that happens!
And to complete the story, 5 days later (February 23rd), my account now shows Gold!

Next question: can anyone tell me how I go about getting my Gold status recognised when booking a flight on Lufthansa? The TAP website seems to suggest it is as simple as entering your TAP Miles & Go number during the booking process. However, from memory, I can’t remember if there is anywhere to do that…
Old Feb 23, 2022, 1:42 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Next question: can anyone tell me how I go about getting my Gold status recognised when booking a flight on Lufthansa? The TAP website seems to suggest it is as simple as entering your TAP Miles & Go number during the booking process. However, from memory, I can’t remember if there is anywhere to do that…
If you normally login via the Miles&More or LufhansaID routes then yes you won't see the entry point. Indeed you will have to squint to see it anyway given the thousands of words that LH shove up on their booking screens. But when you get to the Enter Passenger Details tab - the second main screen after flight selection and the one before the payment screen - under Passenger 1 on the right there is Option Details / Add Frequent Flyer Card and TAP is somewhere buried in the deep drop down. If it's like M&M, then typically the system will recognise your Star Gold status as soon as you have attached the TP frequent flyer number and there is a match with the booking name, but it would be sensible to wait a day after getting Gold, just to give the computers time to populate the relevant database. But if all else fails, TAP participates in the Star retro claiming database, so claiming after the event should be easy and semi automatic.
adamgilbride likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.