FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United’s 24-hour cancellation / flexible booking policy ...
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:31 pm
eldy

Apologies in advance if this has been asked before but I looked at the Wiki and searched the thread and couldn't find an answer.

I'm 1K, have pluspoints but am saving them for a trip to PPT.

I'm thinking of booking a domestic flight that departs in 28 hours. Can I book economy and see if I get upgraded immediately? I'll cancel and BFGF if I don't get the immediate upgrade or even choose a different itinerary.

Also related, what is the United policy for cancellations and subsequent refund when paying money for a flight that departs in less than 24 hours from the time of booking?

I re-read and found this on United site:

"United's 24-hour flexible booking policy gives you the freedom to make changes to select reservations within 24 hours of booking and ticketing, without being charged change fees if you made your purchase one week or more before the flight was scheduled to depart."

So a flight that departs within a week would not be eligible for the 24 hours cancellation policy.

What is the actual policy does a flight that departs within a week (is there a specific flyertalk term?) fall under?

Thanks guys. Was/am a little rushed trying to book this last-minute trip.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 16, 2022 at 8:08 pm Reason: merged consecutive / update posts by same member