FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:06 pm
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by danger
Yes, that's good advice. My evening arrival into LHR limits my options, unfortunately and I'd prefer to be Flounging on Thursday but I can't have everything. I only have a 90 minute connection in MAD so I don't think that will be am option. I'm looking at CMN options.

Do you have links to the eMed/Binax? I'm not in the US and won't be before travel. I have plenty of self-administered RATs but I assume they are not valid without being witnessed by an appropriate professional.
The eMed/Binax process is fairly quick, but 90 minutes would be cutting it close. I've never had to wait for a proctor, but there's always a risk of that, then there's the observed self-swabbing, then the 15-minute wait, then another risk of a wait for the results proctor, and finally it could take some minutes to receive the PDF by email (it should be available in the Navica app very soon, but that sometimes has glitches).

You can buy the tests direct from eMed or from other suppliers, such as Optum, as well as airlines such as Delta, Unites, and American, but I don't know if they can ship to a non-U.S. address (I doubt it, sorry to say). I recall reading about a service that provides add-on proctoring and certified results for tests that customers purchased on their own, but I don't recall the details, unfortunately. I know that the eMed proctor needs to see the code on the Binax test before starting; I suspect that all Binax tests are identical, so if you already have a regular over-the-counter Binax test or can get one, maybe you could order some to be shipped to an address in the US, and then do the test using a test kit you obtained on your own. I don't know.

UPDATE: I found one possibility for add-on proctoring, but it seems specific to the Ellume at-home test. If you can find one somewhere, it's only $20 to add on proctoring and certified results: https://www.azova.com/testing/ellume/

Last edited by anabolism; Feb 16, 2022 at 5:40 pm Reason: Updated to add info about add-on proctoring for Ellume