FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA experience at Manchester
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:16 am
bhbloke

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Well, just returned from my LCY-MAN-LCY shuffle, and it will be my last. That airport has somehow managed to get even worse over the Covid period. Good to see MAG used the downtime to invest in some new multi-storey car parks though, but the moving walkways from the station are still dead. Can anyone remember when they last worked?

Arriving with BA is weird, you exit into a dead terminal, and have to slide over to T1 to try to access any of the airport services. As for the grandly titled Car Rental Village, who on earth thought it was a great plan to put a car rental site a 15 minute walk from the closest terminal, in a place where it seems to rain every day of the year? The shuttle buses are intermittent, at best.

Departing today with hand luggage only, using T1 which really needs flattening asap, they had no issue with me using Fast Track security. A great shortcut instead of walking through miles of tensa barriers, until you get to the machine and it's not working. Staff just standing around chatting, no attempt to explain why it's backed up or move you to another lane. Finally get through that mess, and you are sent to the Escape dungeon. I thought the Newcastle alternative to the now defunct BA lounge was a comedown, but blimey this one is on another level.

And to top it off the BA App is telling me that my flight is delayed by half an hour and when I stroll to the gate they're about to shut the door and leave without me (Not MAG's fault, granted)

Anyhow, back to paying the exorbitant Avanti West prices for me. This was an experience I don't want to endure again.