FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Regional Upgrades on Delta (RUC) post 2/1/2022
Old Feb 7, 2022, 12:43 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyingabe
Posted this in the other thread, which apparently this is now the main post 2/1 thread - looking for some advice

I am looking at GUC/RUC availability from LAN and have tried a bunch of random dates/places and have noticed no GUC/RUC availability.

For example Mar 28, LAN>DTW>LAX>KOA DL5439,DL2528, DL1077 has no availability, but then Mar 28 DTW>LAX>KOA Same flights has first available with a GUC.

Same thing with June 7th, LAN>DTW>ATL>JNB DL5071,DL520,DL200- but DTW>ATL>JNB on the same flights show First available DTW>ATL and PS and Delta One available for ATL>JNB

This holds true for about the last 20 searches I have made. I don't remember this being an issue before but I have only used RUCs twice in the past. Only thing I can think of is because the LAN>DTW has no first class so it doesn't show the RUC or GUC to be available

Any ideas on this? Would a phone agent be shown different availability?

Hoping it is just a bug with the implementation of the new rules... any thoughts would be appreciated...

2nd Question- Previously always held on to selecting the RUC till I had a trip in mind, now I would prefer to have them in my account (So I don't have to wait a day for the certificate to populate), does any one see a downside to selecting the RUC/GUC now? All '22 RUC/GUC will be valid until Jan 31 2023. Only downside I could see is if Jan 31st rolls around and I didn't use it, I could of selected something that would have some last minute value (20k miles etc)

Cheers!
The downside would be if you change your mind (for instance, no trips where GUC/RUC usage would make sense and upgrade space is available) and later decide you want to pick a different choice benefit.