FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Regional Upgrades on Delta (RUC) post 2/1/2022
Old Feb 7, 2022, 12:15 pm
Colomike

Programs: DL Platinum+1MM, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by AntimonyER
For RUCs, it must say "First Available with Upgrade Certificate". If it says "First available with Global Upgrade Certificate", RUCs won't clear. If it says the first statement, try calling again. I believe some agents only look at the OY availability field (as that is the way it has been for years), and if it is 0, they say its not available, but now Z will work too.
I've had that come up using RUCs on DEN-JFK and the return: website said available; called in and agent actually said they were applied; checked back online a few days later and not confirmed but only waitlisted. Then called back a few days after that and a different agent, with much time on hold, reissued the ticket with both legs clearly in First. I think it may take a while for all the new hires, who in my experience have been very friendly on the phone, to learn all the nuances ... I imagine the process to actually apply RUCs for the agent on the phone is not just a simple mouse click or two but likely a more complex interface with their computer system.