FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - removing service agents from clubs? New direction: combo in-person / virtual agents
Old Feb 7, 2022, 11:52 am
LondonElite
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Granted I don't live in horrible places like Chicago and New York subject to snow and Thunderstorms - but I've never seen an agent at HNL literally ever do anything for a customer except welcome me to the Club in 10+ years (and they have 2 of them), nor at LAS (2 of them), and the ones at LAX and SFO (usually at least 5 (2 to check in and 3 just around the corner or upstairs sitting around) seemingly only do Hawaii wristbands.
I can give you an endless stream of examples where an agent in a Club has helped me out during weather delays, cancellations, complex routings that were going haywire, hotel and food vouchers, etc. One agent in EWR was so determined to get me out of EWR (terrible weather a few years ago) and to southern Florida (I was booked to RSW but all those flights had been cancelled). She found me at the bar after working the issue for about 20 minutes and told me that I needed to decide, she had four options lined up for me, and with potential secured upgrades on all of them. Five minutes after that and I had a BP to FLL and some hotel vouchers in my hand.